Poor Plate is free and is available
for Windows as a VST effect plug-in and Mac OS X as
an Audio Unit effect plug-in.
- Dry Level: the level of the original signal,
off - 0db.
- Wet Level: the level of the reverb signal,
off - 0db.
- Pre Delay: pre-delay in milliseconds, 0-120.
- Decay: decay rate, i.e. how long the reverb
tail gets,0.0 - 0.9.
- Decay Diffusion: amount of diffusion of the
- Input Diffusion: amount of diffusion of the
- Bandwidth: input signal bandwidth, in Hz.
- Treble Damping: damping of treble in reverb
tail, in Hz.
vacuumsound also offers two other
free VST/AU plug-ins, which were released several
- ADT - Artificial Double Tracking
is a plug-in which emulates the "Artificial
Double Tracking" technique invented by The
Beatles at Abbey Road Studios. It takes a mono
input signal and generates a stereo signal with
the original signal panned to one side and the
ADT signal panned to the other.
- The RIAA - Phono Equalization
plug-in provides normal and inverse RIAA
equalization. It thus can be used for record
playback or vinyl cutting purposes. Another nice
trick is to use it to simulate certain 'vinyl
sound effects' by applying the inverse RIAA
curve to your signal and after running it
through a compressor converting it back to flat.