It’s a delay line type synth that has been
specifically structured to emulate the hammered
dulcimer, but it does OK with few other simpler
string instruments. It’s based around a buffer that
is seeded with an impulse, and then filtered once
- Buffer input waveforms RND (noise), SQR and
- Prefilter of buffer, can be mapped to
- Damp for cut off frequency of the playback
filter, damping factor can be adjusted based on
the note pitch (Key).
- 3 peak/notch filters: 100Hz, 200Hz and
300Hz, useful for simulating body resonance.
- Detune for increasing the distance between
two auxiliary playback pointers. This simulates
having three strings instead of one, which is
important for that sparkly dulcimer sound.
- Envelope, chorus and volume controls.
Dulcimator 2 is available to download as a freeware
VST instrument for Windows PC.