I was in a quandary here, I have had RGB4 waiting in
the wings for quite some while, but it appears to
have confounded most of the guys that have
volunteered to write patches for it, with a couple
of exceptions. Thank you Heiko!
I couldn’t keep holding back and for one reason or
another I wasn’t able to spend my own time patching
it so I thought I would try something a little
different. I haven’t put it up on the Free Synths
page as I consider it in beta, but
download RGB4 HERE. At the moment it
only contains 22 of the 64 patch slots filled, but
hopefully some of you out there might be able to add
to that number.
- Two main sound sources: a 32 partial
additive Osc and a more conventional multi-wave
- Individual levels of each partial can be
controlled by red sliders at the top left of the
display, or by the ADSR sliders ranked below
each partial. Blue sliders vary the amount of
ADSR modulation and the Green Oscilloscope trace
shows the realtime modulation of the waveform.
- Multiwave Oscillator with simple controls
and a mix knob to vary the amount it comes into
the sound (waveform is indicated by the Yellow
- Global ADSR which affects the overall
amplitude of the sound.
- Octave Velocity and Volume amounts.
- Controls for bend range, vibrato, delay rate
- Filter modulation section with x-y pad.
- 6 filter frequency, resonance, envelope
modulation and LFO (with various waveforms)
- Global control for filter LFO rate,
including random LFO waveform.
- Phase shift for LFO waveforms.