The Origins of Sampling - A Sound
that Shaped the 60's.
Hark back to the heyday of classic rock and one
instrument stands above the rest, a 350lb behemoth
that would forever change the way we think about
making music. At the heart of this monster was an
array of tape machines, one per note on the attached
keyboard, each playing a uniquely recorded sound.
With only 8 seconds of tape per key and a cumbersome
frame this machine had its limitations but was
nonetheless impressive for its time, boasting a
multitimbral and truly polyphonic 'engine'.
Instantly made famous by the Beatles hit 'Strawberry
Fields Forever' and used by countless others
including The Moody Blues, Rolling Stones, and prog
rock legends Yes, this was the 'must-have' sound of
the 60's. While its use fell out of fashion the
implications it made have become fundamental to
modern music production.
Mello delivers a warm and buttery tone
indistinguishable from the original and is, in every
way we could make it, a perfect tribute to the
quintessential studio instrument of the 60's.
- Pristine and comprehensive sample
library from 3 original machines
- Mixable key and mechanical noise for authentic
- Switchable keyboard range (original or extended)
- Stereo modes including custom unison
- Switchable multimode filter with cutoff and
- ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter with
- 3-band EQ with sweepable mid frequency
- Built-in SparkVerb
- Analog-modeled tape delay