How it works:
- The audio signal is split in to five
- Each band has an expander across it.
- The expanders increase the input signals of
each band depending on the audio level and
frequency content of each band. The variable
ratio of expansion is set by the expansion
- Each of the bands has high and low pass
filters. These are not so much for effect but to
allow small tweaks in the program material.
- The limits on each band are there to just
keep the outputs in check as expansion of the
signals can be very large.
- Auto buttons on each band set the ratio
automatically from the program material.
- A good input level is useful in this mode.
- In effect what you have is a five-band,
program dependent dynamic EQ.
Audio/MIDI Gate is a plug-in
that was created to control MIDI mutes on analogue
It can be used as a standard stereo
audio gate or as a MIDI trigger gate. Inserted
across an audio track in your DAW the plug-in will
output note-on messages whenever the audio on that
track drops below the threshold and a note-off
message above the threshold.
For mixers that have built in MIDI
mute that have a note-on value to close them any
normal audio to MIDI trigger would close the gate on
audio and open it when there is no audio - this
works in reverse.
It is intended to be used to
automatically turn on mutes when there is no audio
so as to keep the inputs to the mixer as quiet as
- The filter pots are across the sidechain
inputs to the gate.
- The filter listen allows you to listen to
the filters without the gate triggering.
- Attack controls the open speed of the gate.
- Hold controls the time the gate will stay
open after the input signal has dropped below
- Rel controls the speed at which the gate
- Audio/MIDI button sets the gate to to act as
a normal audio gate or as a MIDI inverse
- Note L/R are the values of the notes you
wish to invert trigger. These are simple text
entry boxes. Click on a box and type the note
value you require.
- Ch selects the MIDI channel out.
- MIDI out port selects the MIDI device of
The direct MIDI out port
selector may or may not work with your system. If
this is the case there is the option to use the gate
output as a MIDI input on a MIDI track.
is a stereo mix compressor capable of soft or
Gate is a fast-reacting stereo
gate with the ability to listen to the sidechain
Audio (no longer available)