Recent changes in SynthFont Version
- 1.341 lost the ability to restore the
selected SoundFont from the Arrangement file.
- In the Pianoroll, "Edit note", "Standard
length" was often wrong.
- TransposeAll values not displayed when
reading back from the Arrangement file.
- Removed some other minor bugs in "MIDI
- You can select notes in the Pianoroll by
right-clicking in the virtual keyboard. Now you
can unselect all notes as well with a second
- "Delete notes" button in Pianoroll Batch
Edit deletes all notes when no were selected.
Warning message now displayed.
SynthFont is a
free/donationware tool for playing/rendering MIDI
files using SoundFonts and other similar sound
sources (WAV, DLS, GIGA and also VST Instruments).
Recent changes in
- v1.047: Introduced the first Custom Feature
supported by Viena: "Always play sample to end".
When checked, note off events will not have any
effect, the sample will play to end. Loops are
not supported. Custom features are supported by
ALL products in the SynthFont series. Other
programs should be capable of ignoring these
- v1.046: Changed the Hint window to a type
that doesn't always leave the shadow behind.
- v1.045: The fix for 24 bit GIGA files in
1.043 made the instrument unable to read
standard 16 bit stereo GIGA files
- v1.044: This version fixes a problem with
Sonar loading an undefined SoundFont into track
1. (Sonar calls VSTSynthFont using the "vendorSpecific"
function, but with unsuitable parameters which
VSTSynthFont did not check for.)
- v1.043: VSTSynthFont version 1.043 fixes the
problem with 24 bit GIGA files also fixed in
SynthFont version 1.310.
VSTSynthFont (VSF), a separate VST
instrument version of SynthFont is also available.
It is a completely independent module, which you can
use without SF installed. It does not have any of
the SoundFont tools SF has, nor can it display any
MIDI information as it does not handle MIDI files.