New features since v1.345:
- Support for local languages - currently only
Dutch (Belgium), thanks to Eli Dirkx. The
technology is there so other languages can
easily be added in the future. Some GUI changes
had to be made in order to incorporate the
somewhat longer Dutch texts.
- You can now set how long SynthFont will wait
for the song to end. There is a new button with
small, yellow squares in "Plug & Play",
"Playback range". The setting is stored in the
Bug fixes since v1.345:
- [1.401] Fixed a bug in the localization
- Sorting of Arrangements in date order didn't
work so well.
- VST instruments would not finish off notes
in the middle when stopping before reaching the
- Saving of VST program data didn't always
work and a major change in the method has been
- The Hold Pedal was broken again.
- A couple of minor bugs fixed as well.
- The user interface has gone through some
- The User Bank Manager feature has
temporarily been turned off.
SynthFont is a
free/donationware tool for playing/rendering MIDI
files using SoundFonts and other similar sound
sources (WAV, DLS, GIGA and also VST Instruments).
a separate VST instrument version of SynthFont is
also available. It is a completely independent
module, which you can use without SF installed. It
does not have any of the SoundFont tools SF has, nor
can it display any MIDI information as it does not
handle MIDI files.