is a software MIDI synthesizer implemented as a
Windows multimedia user driver, accessible as a
standard MIDI Out device.
It works on
Windows XP / Vista / 7 (both x86 and x64), and is
based on the great BASS library from un4seen.
- New: Added support for 64bit MIDI client
applications (on 64bit OS).
- New: Better compatibility with BASS
based MIDI clients, like Karafun and
- New: Default systray context menu item
is now mixer which can be opened by double
- Fix: Increased sound buffer efficiency
and better threads management.
- New: Rewritten configurator with a new
tabbed interface; now it could contain the
new options in a more clean GUI.
- New: Lot of new settings added:
- “advanced” settings to reduce CPU
requirements disabling some features
(like effects, polyphony, …).
- output audio device selection.
- automatically open MIDI Mixer while
- raise MIDI player process priority
to “High priority”.
- enabling audio hardware mixing.
- audio output buffer size (default
- New: Option to preload the whole
soundfont file into memory before play
(enabled by default). It increases the
required memory and adds a small delay at
start, but also gives a smoothest play
because samples are already available in
- New: Horizontal scrollbar into soundfont
list to allow reading long filenames.
- New: Better loking mixer VUMeter bar, it
now appears like a LED stripe.
- New: Mixer level meter now shows the
running average of output level instead of
the instant value, making it more realistic
- New: Increased channel name font size
and enabled cleartype drawing.
VirtualMIDISynth is available to
download as freeware for Windows.