Changes since V1.54:
- Added "isSingleton" to Data\effCanDos.ini
(see this file for details) for Plug-ins that
exhibit severe problems if more than one instance is
loaded into the same process.
- Standard version uses VST SDK 3.6.5 now; Win98
version uses VST SDK 3.5.1, since 3.5.2 is
uncompilable with VS98.
- VST3 double precision audio was effectively
- Various VST3 handling improvements.
- Parameter window wasn't updated correctly.
- MIDI Controller dialog didn't display controller
- If a loaded USB MIDI device is detached and
reattached, VSTHost automatically reconnects to it
IF its device interface name can be determined
(still rather experimental)
Requires drivers that support
DRV_QUERYDEVICEINTERFACE (not all do).
- Built-in Reverb Plug-in added (adapted FreeVerb
v3, originally done by Jezar @ Dreampoint,
generously put into the public domain;
www.dreampoint.co.uk was used in the readme but that
is not working any more.
however, has copies containing FreeVerb from 2000
- Bridging performance and stability improvements.
- I/O changes during performance loading are
processed immediately so that channel-specific links
are kept intact.
- Built-in Audio Passthru Plug-in added (can be used
to set up elaborate channel splits / concentrators).
- Built-in Submixer Plug-in added (setting special
channel configurations using the "Chain after"
dialog doesn't work yet).
- Added pre-chained MIDI Plug-ins and "All linked
Plug-ins" to possible sources for a Plug-in's Remote
- Fixed a bug that ruined compatibility with
Voicemeeter (with or without Banana:-) and other
ASIO drivers that use IEE754 32-bit floating point
VSTHost is an Open Source VST-compatible host that:
- Loads VST 2 / 3 / Module Architecture plug-ins.
- Parameterizing / editing them.
- Sound output for VSTis. MIDI-input and -output.
- Loading / saving.fxb files.
- Supports ASIO2.