J-Scope is a VST oscilloscope plugin,
which can prove invaluable to anyone who develops
audio software and has a need to diagnose problems
or visualise waveforms.
In operation it is very similar to a
real oscilloscope, and most controls will be
familiar to anybody who has used a hardware 'scope.
The addition of a control for phosphor decay time
allows the examination of rapidly changing waveforms
as well as slowly evolving sound envelopes.
J-Scope accepts a stereo signal, and
can display it in several modes:
- Two separate traces, L and R
- Single trace, sum of L and R
- Single trace, difference between L and R
- X/Y (Lissajous) plot, L vs R
- X/Y (Lissajous) plot, Sum(L+R) vs Diff(L-R)