Qtractor is an audio/MIDI
multi-track sequencer application written in C++
with the Qt framework. Target platform is Linux,
where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio
and the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for
MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a
fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI,
specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
Change-log (since last hazy
- LV2 UI Touch feature/interface
- MIDI aware plug-ins are now void from multiple or
- MIDI tracks and buses plug-in chains now honor the
number of effective audio channels from the assigned
audio output bus; dedicated audio output ports will
keep default to the stereo two channels.
- Plug-in rescan option has been added to plug-ins
- Dropped the --enable-qt5 from configure as found
redundant given that's the build default anyway.
- Immediate visual sync has been added to main and
MIDI clip editor thumb-views.
- Fixed an old MIDI clip editor contents
disappearing bug, which manifested when drawing
free-hand (i.e. Edit/Select Mode/Edit Draw is on)
over and behind its start/beginning position (while
in the lower view pane).
Qtractor is free, open-source Linux
Audio software, distributed under the terms of the
GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.