Dynamic Tonality updates
free XronoMorph loop generator to v1.5.0 03rd
Dynamic Tonality has released
XronoMorph v1.5.0 loop generator app for
Windows and Mac.
- Performance enhancements.
- Numerous user interface
enhancements. For example, tempo can now be changed
by speed (revolutions per minute) or duration
(length of revolution/period); the long/short beat
ratio can be displayed for every well-formed level;
balanced polygons can be rotated in pulse units (in
addition to degrees, radians, or turns).
- There is no longer any requirement for Java to be
- Polygon channels can now pass through MIDI tracks
unchanged (by selecting the “–” option in the MIDI
track channel menu). This is useful when sending
MIDI to multitimbral synths.
- 18 new perfectly balanced but irregular
polygons—all possible primitive minimals found in 42
equal divisions of the period. These are great for
creating complex polyrhythms mixing 3s, 4s, 6s, and
- In addition to the golden (φ) ratios, silver (δ)
and bronze (σ) ratios are now available in
well-formed mode. These “special” ratios produce
deeply non-isochronous rhythms where the beat size
ratios of successive levels periodically repeat.
- MIDI options available in the interface to allow
MIDI ports to be disabled.
- MIDI learn (this feature is still in beta and not
yet hooked up to the preset system—that will come).
- Audio, MIDI, and Scala file save now work
correctly on all platforms.
- Startup time is much improved.
- Switching to PB mode sometimes results in
incorrect tempo, now fixed.
XronoMorph is a free OS X and
Windows app for creating multilayered rhythmic and
melodic loops (hockets). Each rhythmic layer is
visualized as a polygon inscribed in a circle, and
each polygon can be constructed according to two
different mathematical principles: perfect balance
and well-formedness (aka MOS). These principles
generalize polyrhythms, additive, and Euclidean
rhythms. Furthermore, rhythms can be smoothly
morphed between, and irrational rhythms with no
regular pulse can also be easily constructed.