Among other things, some significant
optimizations were made to redraw performance on OS
X/macOS that may be apparent if you are using Ardour
on that platform. There were further improvements to
tempo and MIDI related features and lots of small
improvements to state serialization. Support for the
Presonus Faderport 8 control surface was added (see
the manual for some quite thorough documentation).
As usual, there are also dozens or
hundreds of other fixes based on continuing feedback
from Ardour users worldwide.
General Changes and
- Prevent adding Master Bus to a
Track/Bus group and make group button insensitive.
- Re/Add send options in the Processor box context
menu and an option to allow feedback loop via Aux
- Improvements to behaviour of Track/Bus/VCA Color
- Consistent Color Selection dialogs with
customizable color palette.
- Update Track/Bus/VCA colors while choosing color
in Color Selection dialog.
- Use Shift key to toggle gain-grouping on a Fader,
ctrl to override solo/mute grouping.
- Update Selection Clock when selected Region
- Hide SoundCloud upload in Export Dialog until
- Use OpenGL backed rendering/drawing for several
Widgets on OS X/macOS including main Track Canvas to
- Add ability to drop Group from VCA via right click
on Group tab.
- Add preference to disable blinking of alert
- Various improvements to Audio Setup dialog.
- Add preference to only enable Click when recording
- Updates to Blueberry Milk colors/theme.
- Merge most of the string-convert branch (see
ardour-dev list for overview).
- Remove no longer necessary LocaleMode preference.
- Make -b/--bindings command line option output key
bindings to HTML and launch in browser.
- Add -A/--actions command line option to output
actions' names in HTML and open in browser.
- Deselect WASAPI support by default in Windows
- Make Track/Bus XML node order in Session file
independent of display order [#7327].
- Add action to select the topmost track and use in
- Make Group color property accessible to surfaces
- Improve Tap Tempo and allow tapping with keyboard
(Space or Enter).
- Add configurable limit to clock display range.
- Restore visibility of Monitor Section and whether
Ardour is a free digital audio
workstation for Windows, Mac and Linux.