SEGX2 is a smooth dual band expander
gate. SEGX2 operates always with soft knee which
starts at the threshold point. Signal above the
threshold passes thru unaltered.
- Independent release times for low
and high frequency band.
- Adjustable ratio.
- Smooth, soft-knee operation.
- Uses 6dB/oct crossover filters, which are gentle
for phase response. Keeps phase response fully
unaltered when gate is open.
- The band link control glues the low and high band
behavior together. At 100% the operation is similar
to a regular wide band expander gate.
- The monitor slider allows monitoring of the
detector side chain, which can be used for checking
the gated out signal.
- The pre-gate option allows the gate open in
advance. This control adds latency. When active,
fast transients can pass thru unaltered, thus
offering higher quality output.