The update includes various improvements such as
zoom scaling, a new module browser, improved support
for audio drivers, and additions to the Audible
Instruments and Fundamental series of modules.
VCV Rack v0.5.0
- Added zoom scaling from 25% to
- Automatically scroll when dragging cables to the
edge of the screen.
- Added Quad MIDI-to-CV Interface, CC-to-CV,
Clock-to-CV, and Trigger-to-CV MIDI interfaces.
- Improved support for ASIO, WASAPI, DirectSound,
Core Audio, and ALSA audio drivers.
- New module browser with search and tags.
- Enhanced LED emulation in graphics engine.
- File > New attempts to load “template.vcv” in the
“Documents/Rack” folder if it exists.
- New Grayscale plugin with Algorhythm, Binary, and
- Audible Instruments
- Added extra blend mode functions, alternative modes, and quality
settings to Texture Synthesizer.
- Added bonus modes and “Disastrous Peace” mode to Resonator.
- Added Low CPU mode to Macro Oscillator.
- Merged Tidal Modulator and Wavetable Oscillator into a single module.
- Fixed Keyframer/Mixer keyframes and channel settings saving.
- Added 8vert, 8-channel attenuverter.
- Added Unity, 2-channel mixer.
- Changed LED functions in ADSR
VCV Rack is the engine powering VCV
modules. Add modules, connect cables, edit
parameters, and save/load patches. Create generative
patches with your mouse, perform with your MIDI
keyboard controller, or connect it to your favorite
DAW using the VCV Bridge VST/AU plugin (coming