Audio and Performance
- The "Absolute" unison mode was
both sample rate dependant and mis-calibrated.
Correct it so that, at all sample rates, a "16hz"
absolute unison is a 16hz unison spread.
- Unison range can now be extended, giving unison
spreads up to one octave (pitch) or 192Hz
- The Window Oscillator now supports FM, and is
calibrated to use the same FM Depth as FM2/3/Sin
- We initialize modulators before the initial voice
start, setting the first modulator value at voice
initiation correctly and avoiding a 32-sample
"sweep" across a modulator value at voice onset.
- Fix two bugs with the sustain pedal; first sustain
on channels 3 and 4 didn't work, and second pressing
a key multiple times while sustain was held would
lead to an incorrect state.
- Fix a bug with the tuning engine where mappings
with root keys far outside of scale ranges gave
- Make the Oscillator display constant even in
extreme tuning changes.
- The LV2 had incorrectly advertised
the identity of its ports. Change to use unique
symbols for each port. Unfortunately this fix will
break prior Surge sessions, but those prior sessions
inconsistently streamed the synth state in most LV2
- The LV2 didn't advertise all parameter changes
leading to a port being non-synchronized.
- The VST3/Windows plugin properly
formats the automation display of the CC parameters.
- The FX slots and automation parameters are named
more consistently, as are several menus and labels.
- The value popup window popup on mouse-down not
mouse-move on a slider.
- The patch and wavetable menus have refresh options
on the popup menu, not just in menu/data and
- Slider mouse behavior in medium and slow works
more like classic when over-dragging.
- Added an init patch which assigns a distinct
modulator envelope to each OSC.
- Add a regtest that parameter IDs are stable across
- Modify the build pipeline so the Linux .deb file
has correct ownership on shared assets.
- Stream the WaveTable name into the patch.
- Correct the "open tuning library" menu on Windows.
- Fix a bug with opening and closing the VST2 on