- Fixed bug when closing GUI (tested in Cubase
LE, Cubase SX, Reaper, Cantabile Lite, and
- Step sequencer can use host-tempo
- LFO can use host-tempo and sync phase to
- LFO have a bunch of useful shapes
- Visualize start phase(s) of oscillator
- Global limiter is now stereo separated
- New filter added (stereo separated limiter)
- Support rational numbers (x/y) in text
- GUI speed improvements (some under the hood
changes to the GUI).
- Fixed saving midi-learned cc properly.
- Fixed automation from GUI.
Here’s what Audjoo has to say about
The state of this synthesizer is
beta. This does not mean it will crash or cause any
trouble, but rather that the sound might change
slightly (hopefully for the better) during
development. It also means that I’m listening to
your ideas and suggestions. Please do try it out. If
you experience bugs or have some awesome ideas, let
the world (and me) know what you think on the
Thanks to the “super”-nature of its
oscillators, Helix is capable of huge and wide
unison pads and leads. Great care has been taken to
ensure no aliasing in the oscillators, so the sound
is free from many artifacts traditionally associated
with software synthesizers. This becomes very clear
when playing high notes.
Forty two modulation slots. Each
with one source, two destinations and a
scale-source. For instance: One LFO can modulate the
pitch of two oscillators, and the amount can be
scaled by the modulation wheel. This would take up
Stereo by Design
All parts of Helix are stereo in -
stereo out. Oscillators, filters, shapers and
effects. This helps keeping the signal huge.
Three stages of distortion can turn
any sound into a nightmare of screaming machinery
Helix is implemented as a VST plugin.
This provides the highest degree of flexibility,
since this plug-in format is supported by all
leading DAWs. For DAWs without VST support there are
Known to work in the following
hosts: Cubase LE, Cubase SX, Minihost, EnergyXT ,
Sonar, VstHost, Orion, Live, FL Studio, Cantabile
Officially only supports windows,
but a (slightly dated) linux port is available.